From its Coeur d'Alene, Idaho headquarters, the closely held, family-owned company continues to be "Idaho Grown" and the first recipient of the Idaho Pacesetter Award. The company is now one of America's largest lumber producers, with capacity for nearly one billion board feet per year and markets around the globe. The company founders hold high standards when it comes to product, process and company objectives. This is a healthy, growing company – big enough for its national and international markets, but with hometown ethics and pride in a job well done. Excellence is the goal in caring for our team members, customers, and natural resources.
To operate/maintain a wood fueled boiler and to produce lumber with specified moisture content by kiln drying while meeting our high product quality standards. To maintain lumber flow from the sawmill out feed through the kilns.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates boiler maintaining required pressure and steam flow.
- Removes ash from boiler and cleans equipment.
- Maintains daily log of maintenance and occurrences.
- Determines drying cycle and schedule, considering factors such as species, dimensions and quantity of lumber to be dried
- Pushes lumber to be dried into kilns
- To activate, control and record temperature, humidity and ventilation of dry kilns
- Operates steam control for drying process, pulls lumber out of kiln when dried to specific moisture standard
- To measure moisture content of lumber at end of drying cycle
- Performs all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., climb stairs, repetitive bending, kneeling, stretching, pushing and pulling, continuous walking and/or standing
- Ability to adjust work schedule (actual hours to be discussed), perform shift work, work overtime and holidays as needed.
- Boiler or Kiln Experience is required, boiler license is a plus, but not required.
We understand the value of our employees and how each and every one plays such a vital role in the day to day success of Idaho Forest Group. Idaho Forest Group looks for driven people with strong work ethics, morals and values. When we find them, we want to keep them. Therefore, we offer competitive total rewards compensation.
Idaho Forest Group has a wide range of benefits including Health Care coverage, Flexible Spending accounts, Wellness programs, Life and Disability protection, 401(k) benefits, Vacation pay, Holiday pay, Family and Self Care Leave, Scholarships, and more. We value a good balance between career and personal life and encourage a healthy lifestyle.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, family medical history, protected veterans status, or any other status protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in our hiring process, please contact the respective HR personnel.Click Here for more information or to ApplyNOTE: Job postings on Kilndrying.org are provided as a free service. We do our best to keep all postings current. However, if you discover a job listed on our forum is no longer available, please send us a message to that effect and we will remove from the board. Thank you.