Our Hinton Wood Products division is currently seeking a: Lumber Yard Supervisor
We are looking for a highly motivated, organized, cost focused individual for the role of Lumber Yard Supervisor. This position reports to the Planer Superintendent and requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Supervises Kiln and Energy System:
- Responsible for Efficiency of Kiln Operations.
- Responsible for Kiln and Energy System maintenance.
- Works with Planer QC but has responsibility for kiln schedules and drying results.
- Works in close co-operation with Shipping Supervisor.
- Manages and supervises all lumber yard activities.
- Responsible for forklift costs and maintenance costs of mobile equipment.
- Responsible for organization of dressed and rough lumber yards with focus on forklift efficiency and cleanliness.
- Day to day supervision of all forklift activity. This includes; training, safety, observations, hazard assessment, payroll, scheduling etc.
- Responsible for quality of lumberyard packages. Provides feedback to Sawmill and Planermill as required.
- Participates in month-end inventories of rough and/or dressed lumber yards.
- Manages ongoing pedestrian/mobile interfaces.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
To explore this opportunity further, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- See more at: Job Board | West FraserNOTE: Job postings on Kilndrying.org are provided as a free service. We do our best to keep all postings current. However, if you discover a job listed on our forum is no long available, please send us a message to that effect and we will remove from the board. Thank you.Linkback: http://www.kilndrying.org/job-postings/11/lumber-yard-supervisor-hinton-ab/529/